Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is looking for a highly driven Senior Software Engineering. Join a diverse and talented team tasked with contributing to the design, architecture, and implementation of the Symitar product and its supporting systems. This strategic role is committed to bringing modern and cutting-edge technology to the credit union community. If you want to work for a company that truly values it’s employees and is on Forbes Top Places to Work list, this role is for you!
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred).
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in software development
- Application development using a modern object-oriented language (C# /.Net)
- Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Skilled in Agile software development practices
- Restful services experience
- System design and architecture
- Use of templates or models for code generation
- Credit union or financial services industry experience
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Occasional business travel as needed.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.