Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Vendor Analyst/Inventory Analyst role is responsible for providing weekly and ad hoc analyses to internal and external customers focused on one or more specific vendors. It involves using various sources of internal and external data to outline business trends, determine highlights, and provide recommendations that drive broader business decisions, especially those that drive sales, profit, and customer retention. The Vendor Analyst will tailor reporting and recommendations to fit the needs of both the vendor and merchandising teams.
A VA/IA will also be required to learn and display proficiency with appropriate systems, tools, and processes to drive the efficient inventory management for their assigned vendor/s. The VA/IA has the ability to directly lead and influence business performance by using inventory wisely. This includes achieving key inventory KPI’s (e.g. fill rate, in-stock, and turns) while working collaboratively with business partners to forecast, plan, and purchase in ways that reduce friction and increase partnership.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly using standardized and customized formats as appropriate. Ensure the integrity of all data presented in a timely fashion. Analyze reports weekly to distinguish risks and opportunities within the business and make recommendations to the vendor and merchants for improvement. Review various marketing/pricing initiatives, evaluate results, and suggest actions. Meet with merchants and vendor regularly to present analysis, conclusions, and resulting action points to drive sales and profit improvement.
- Perform regular analysis of PALS database to analyze customer trends, market-basket profitability, and merchandise affinities. Work with merchants and vendor to develop most effective marketing strategies and merchandise offers to drive incremental vendor sales and market-basket improvements.
- Develop weekly performance analysis of vendor's top SKU’s, new items, seasonal SKU’s, worst performing SKU’s, etc. Investigate SKU performance to determine the effectiveness of new product launches.
- Generate vendor-specific information for incorporation into top-to-top data presentations. Work closely with other analyst groups to develop detailed information that adds texture to sales and customer trends to identify opportunities for sales and profit growth.
- Develop and maintain reports through Excel and MicroStrategy
- Obtain and organize sales, inventory, and customer data from different databases at multiple levels to identify key trends and make recommendations to maximize sales and profits
Inventory management for assigned vendor:
- Responsible for management of SKU purchase orders and DC inventory levels to support store-level replenishment
- Proactively manage inventory receipts to drive business goals and exceed customer expectations while executing to the Open-to-Buy plan
- Directly accountable for maintaining fill rate that meets or exceeds goals
- Execute ordering to support promotional and secondary inventory needs
- Drive the identification and resolution of inventory opportunities from vendor to DC to achieve greater business profitability
- Proactively work with assigned vendor to own collaborative forecasting and planning
- Partner with Demand Analyst to execute against SKU entrance and exit strategies
- Drive business results through cross-functional development of strategies to achieve shop/department level goals and objectives
- Serve as primary inventory management contact for assigned vendor
- Coordinate and lead meetings with vendors and provide feedback on vendor performance to manager and Strategic Business Unit
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and analyze ad hoc projects in response to merchant/vendor requests for information, including sales analysis, pre/post promotion analysis, new product launch analysis, secondary space analysis, opportunity market strategy analysis, etc.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all internal and external contacts
- Perform special projects as assigned
Nature of Supervision:
General instruction is provided, but work is completed independently without close supervision. Analyst must be able to independently prioritize work and projects while reacting to escalating business situations. Decisions have a direct impact on company sales and profitability. Analyst will proactively recommend action to positively affect sales and inventory productivity for assigned vendor. Recommendations may be reviewed by manager before being presented to the merchants or vendors. The Analyst must develop forecasts and action plans in partnership with the vendor to ensure Petco has the product needed to fulfill customer demand.
The Vendor Analyst/Inventory Analyst is responsible for the purchasing of merchandise to support sales.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors at a computer terminal with little or no exposure to hazards.
Interaction with external vendor will be frequent and will involve the exchange and/or presentation of information. Frequent interaction with merchants to exchange information as well as with other analysts throughout the business to brainstorm actionable data analysis and prepare presentation information.
A Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years’ experience demonstrating strong mathematical and analytical skills required. Business analytics experience, including strong computer and statistical skills and ability to work with large amounts of data, is required. Inventory management experience is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required due to the nature of involvement and contact with outside vendors as well as internal contacts. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.