Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Business Analyst II plays an important role in the organization by performing several activities related to the company’s business analysis functions. The role is primarily responsible, under intermittent supervision, for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the real needs of project stakeholders, including customers and end users from cross-functional departments. The Business Analyst II serves as the conduit between the business and the Information Systems software development team through which requirements flow for medium to complex projects. Experience needed with both Agile and Waterfall/Hybrid methods of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Partner with the project sponsor or senior-level Business Analyst(s) to document project objectives.
- Analyze scope of project in order to identify project stakeholders.
- Elicit project requirements through the use of interviews, document analysis, viewpoints, etc.
- Write project requirements specifications and business rules according to standard templates; use natural language to simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely convey specifications.
- Accurately define quality attributes and constraints.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on business rules stored in commercial requirements management tools (Project Management Database, Wiki, etc.); maintain version control system throughout the project and when developing close-out documentation.
- Establish and implement effective testing strategies to appropriately assess final programming changes; work with other Business Analysts to identify cross impacts of final programming changes to other areas.
- Document system changes in short narrative or diagram overviews including all business rules, use cases, and test scripts.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail.
- Represent requirements using alternative views via flowcharts, diagrams, or scenarios where appropriate; participate in business justification and the prioritization of proposed requirements.
- Discover and implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in mortgage banking, programming/system analysis, business process or project management required, along with four years total relevant experience in Business or Mortgage Banking related role(s).
- Relevant experience in mortgage lending and/or consumer lending technology; Experience in mortgage operations segment is highly preferred.
- Experience leading / working with teams in agile setting, managing backlog/release plan, writing and collaborating on epics and user stories strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading or participating in business process improvement initiatives.
- Analytical skills and a demonstrated talent for scrutinizing complex work processes and streamlining them for increased output.
- Modeling skills necessary to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations.
- Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required; able to effectively manage communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interview subjects, facilitate group discussions, gather information, and report on results.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Wiki, Google docs, collaborative cloud-based programs, and third-party software applications required.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- General to intermittent supervision required, depending on experience
- Moderate independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; uses sound judgment in executing core responsibilities
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.