This is an opportunity to assist providers with patient care at different site locations and in various different specialties. The Medical Assistant will work in a friendly environment that promotes team building and assures high quality of care.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position will provide float staffing coverage at three Sharp Rees-Stealy locations Central Region: Downtown San Diego, Point Loma, and Genesee, San Diego County
Per Diem, Days (Variable 8 hour shifts 0700-1700) - Monday-Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years current Medical Assistant experience in related clinical area
- Proficiency in clinical skills and office procedures
- Computer and keyboard experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, flexible, and strong sense of team work
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.