- Assess, design, and develop product development process improvement initiatives and metrics to achieve organization goals
- Develop and/or identify and implement best practices for product development
- Develop and continuously improve product development process documentation and online support resources
- Design and deliver product development process training and educational materials
- Lead and/or participate in workshops and retrospectives to assess process understanding, discipline, and adherence and apply learnings to continuous improvement efforts
- Partners with subject matter experts within organization to create and deploy a network of resources, templates, and examples
- Support the management of portfolio and resourcing tools, partner with subject matter experts to implement improvements and additional functionality
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Experience \ Knowledge Requirements
- Exposure to product development process improvement programs in the biotech, pharmaceutical, in vitro diagnostic (IVD), medical device and /or life science industries with specific experience with FDA and CE-IVD regulated products
- Exposure to Business Process evaluation and optimization
- Experience in project management of complex systems (Hardware, Software, Consumables, and Reagents) through cross functional program teams desirable
- Proven practical experience applying project management and/or Six Sigma/ /Lean techniques and tools on large scale projects to deliver significant business results
- Exposure to and interest in development and delivery of a broad range of product development process training and educational material
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills - proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve consensus across a wide range of functions and constituents
- Self-starter with superior problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills and a track record for high performance and superior delivery
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels
- Expert at project scheduling using MS Project, including dependencies and critical path determination and optimization
- Skilled in PPM (project portfolio management) tools such as SAP PPM and / or Planisware preferred.
- Accomplished in collaboration and prioritization tools such as Atlassian Confluence and JIRA.
- Skilled in data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences, engineering, or related field required (advanced degree preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a regulated industry with 1 year as a project manager in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science industries
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Business Analytics Certification (or equivalent) preferred.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.