Manager, Government Affairs
The Government Affairs Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager of Government Affairs, is a highly motivated, creative and resourceful individual who will support a growing global Government Affairs program. At ResMed, the Government Affairs team leads the company’s engagement with government officials, legislators, regulators, industry associations, and other stakeholders. The team focuses on challenges affecting payment policy, digital health, and other healthcare ecosystem global policy issues. The team’s engagement is increasingly broad and encompasses many areas where public policy, business, and digital health technology intersect to support ResMed's leadership as the world's best tech-driven medical device company – improving quality of life, reducing impact of chronic disease and saving healthcare costs.
As a Manager of Government Affairs, you're passionate about the opportunity to improve millions of patient lives and shape the future of how healthcare is provided outside of the hospital. You will be an expert in the policy environment affecting ResMed’s core business and expanding portfolio. You’ll combine resourcefulness with intellectual rigor to develop a thorough understanding of business operations and emerging technologies. You will coordinate with the Government Affairs and product management teams to understand the policy issues involved and develop strategies to advocate for, and protect, ResMed’s interests in these areas.
The Government Affairs Manager will be able to achieve results while dealing with a rapid pace. You will also be responsible for analyzing issues and drafting company positions, developing newsletter content, tracking key stakeholder engagements, coordinating and reporting on key events, tracking and providing updates on strategic initiatives, preparing presentation materials, and managing various projects to drive success on global initiatives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monitor global legislation and policy issues that impact ResMed's business with a strong focus on supporting policy and advocacy in growing global markets; additional responsible policy areas will include software and digital health enablement, including those related to interoperability, cybersecurity, privacy, and regulatory oversight.
- Identify and anticipate issues and work cross-functionally with appropriate functions to lead and advise the business on the impact of policy and regulatory developments.
- Provide updates on strategic initiatives to executive management.
- Coordinate participation in key industry events.
- Organize and prepare presentation materials to support various internal and external meetings including congressional or regulatory agency meetings, or other advocacy efforts.
- Collaborate and project manage initiatives while influencing and building relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders, other medical technology companies, industry associations, physician and patient advocacy groups, etc.
- Maintain the team’s organizational system for organizing and updating resources and data including tracking stakeholder engagement; assure the overall quality of these resources and data through, among other things, including maintenance of database.
- Participate on both internal and external committees when necessary to advance the team and business mission; influence as directed.
- Develop newsletter content, to include, key policy or legislative issues, or events of note related to our top priorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience relevant to government, public/health policy, advocacy OR at a medtech company, NGO, or similar organization, and a university and/or advanced degree in political science, public policy, public health or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Experience working with senior management or officials
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills with an aptitude for learning and ability to reduce issues to core components and understand key business impacts
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Creative and resourceful in resolving issues, understanding complex relationship dynamics, and ability to handle ambiguity
- Discipline to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and responsiveness
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!