Organization: North Island Autoport Pay Range: $57,000 - $80,000
Relocation Allowance Offered for this Vacancy
Responsible for managing automotive specialty services, including motor fuels, automotive repair, automotive parts and car washes. Develops and administers operating budgets, analyzes material and labor costs; prepares required reports and directs subordinate employees. Ensures that services rendered conform to company policy and standards. Resolves customer issues.
- Manages main and branch Automotive Service operations.
- Requisitions and receives motor fuel products and authorized automotive parts and supplies. Contacts vendors to ensure timely stock replenishment.
- Develops operating budgets for all locations and administers approved budgets.
- Prepares a variety of operational reports.
- Responsible for cash, fixed assets, inventory accountability and the maintenance of inventory management documents.
- Assigns repair orders, ensuring work is distributed efficiently for the highest shop and technician productivity and standard of repair.
- Coordinates and executes inventory counts.
- Ensures correct receiving, pricing and stocking procedures.
- Maintains good customer and employee relations. Provides courteous, efficient customer service and resolves customer issues.
- Maintains an awareness of the latest techniques for automotive repair and that employees are properly trained.
- Ensures compliance with fire, safety, environmental and security regulations.
- Supervises personnel through subordinate staff.
- Carries out EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to subordinates.
- Works under the general direction and supervision of the General Manager who exercises broad management control. Carries out overall duties and responsibilities independently, exercising technical expertise in automotive functions. Performance is reviewed for customer satisfaction and financial results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate must receive hazardous material (HazMat) training within 90 days of hire per Department of Transportation regulations.
A total of 5 years consisting of the following:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in administrative, merchandising, technical or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain a general knowledge of operational and procurement practices; skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships; and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience. Substitution of 1 year for 1 year in those instances where co-op experience is required if a student was part of the program of study.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively responsible experience which provided a background in merchandising controls; inventory stock record keeping and reports; maintenance of equipment; merchandise display; customer relations; exempt or non-exempt supervisory experience; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and abilities of the functional area.
Job: Automotive Services
Schedule: Full-Time (35 + hours)