UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 9/15/2021 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 9/24/2021. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
The Quality Nurse Specialist (Quality Improvement Specialist 3) is a member of the Population Health Clinical Quality team and reports to the Assistant Director, Clinical Quality Performance. This position conducts chart reviews and data abstraction to validate reported quality metrics. This position also analyzes data to support quality improvement strategies and/or patient outreach. This position also serves as the on-site clinical resource for the Population Health Quality Care Navigators.
The Quality Nurse Specialist supports quality programs such as: AMP, Medicare STARS, PRIME, and MSSP ACO. This quality nurse serves as our on-site clinical resource for the patient outreach team. He/she serves as the point person for CipherHealth or other automated outreach vendors. He/she designs outreach projects from beginning to end, including scripting and supporting data analysis, with appropriate supervision. This position also connects with the I.S. team to validate data on a all quality metrics. He/she also monitors and prepares any health plan delegated quality reporting requirements. Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in nursing or other healthcare profession; or a combination of comparable clinical education and/or experience.
- Minimum of three or more years of RN experience; or relevant experience in clinical quality improvement, ambulatory care nursing, or population health services..
- Relevant experience in QI standards, clinical chart review and abstraction, and regulatory requirements.
- A Master's Degree in nursing or other healthcare profession.
- Three or more years of experience in clinical quality improvement, ambulatory care nursing, or population health services.
- Experience in prevention programming and data analysis.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of population health services.
- Experience with telephonic patient outreach.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Payroll Title: QLTY IMPV HC SPEC 3
Department: PHSO - CLINICAL OPERATIONS
Salary Range Commensurate with Experience
Worksite: Greenwich Drive
Appointment Type: Career
Appointment Percent: 100%
Total Openings: 1
Work Schedule: Days, 8 hour shifts, Monday-Friday