Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loan Counselor plays an important role in the organization by performing a variety of activities directly related to the company’s loan counseling functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct to moderate supervision, for working with homeowners to determine the best possible method to address early defaults using a variety of collections and workout solutions. He or she contacts borrowers to assess their current financial situation, assess issues, and identify workout options.
- Assess reason(s) for delinquency and evaluate homeowner’s finances in order to recommend optimal workout solutions.
- Obtain documentation to ensure workout solution matches criteria for hardship and financial capability in accordance with investor and insurer guidelines.
- Participate in outbound dialer campaigns and comply with agreed upon telephone standards, investor rules and regulations, compliance criteria, internal policies and guidelines, and best practices.
- Seek coaching and feedback obtained from live and taped call monitoring activities to increase effectiveness.
- Escalate calls as needed and when requested.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers via phone, email, or letter.
- Participate in training and adapt to changes in industry regulations and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; college courses related to Finance and Accounting strongly preferred, along with two or more years total work experience in consumer relations/customer service positions in a high volume call center. Prior experience in loan counseling or related loss mitigation position preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of conventional mortgage loans, including overall processes and inter-relationships.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements related to federal and state debt collection laws, Federal Bankruptcy and credit Laws.
- Ability to work in a sometimes emotionally demanding role that requires patience, professionalism and sensitivity while interacting with consumers experiencing financial and emotional stress.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment required.
- Intermediate math skills required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Direct to moderate supervision, depending on experience
- Low level of independent thought and judgment, escalates more complex issues for advice and resolution
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.