Responsible for driving team efforts of complex business systems application projects, including but not limited to determining business requirements and scope, providing systems support, testing and documentation. Serves in an on-call rotation to provide night and/or weekend systems support as needed. Provides functional leadership to lower level Systems Analysts into the design or revision of systems applications.
- Acts as a liaison between developers and internal customers/business partners to ensure technical compatibility, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Researches and analyzes system requirements vis-à vis existing business processes and information systems. Delivers key software methodology deliverables including vision and scope definitions, requirements and design documents, test and implementation plans. Handles all phases and key deliverables of the software development lifecycle and provides input to other phases of SDLC, ensuring that prescribed development methodology is followed.
- Participates on complex projects in conjunction with other IT Departments and business units on multi-functional team projects by providing strategic and tactical input into plans and communicating and monitoring project phases and tasks.
- Creates test plans, test cases and test scripts, and performs testing and reconciliation of the applications and related environments to improve data accuracy.
- Collaborates with external vendors and other in-house technical staff members to integrate programming, operational, and support requirements. Participates with other IT members, customers, and business partners in new product reviews, tests, and pilots. Provides functional and administrative guidance to other, lower level Systems Analysts.
- Tests and monitors system performance; troubleshoots and resolves system failures, and plans system changes necessary to respond to changes in the computing hardware and software infrastructure. As needed, researches new applications and participates in developing business cases to support enterprise-wide software system solutions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity in which analysis of data requires evaluation of both identifiable and unidentifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Provides functional guidance/assistance to lower level/less experienced Systems Analysts.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
Education: - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- At least 5-7 years related systems experience, preferably in a data analysis, testing and support environment
- 4+ years related project management experience is preferred.
- Experience or working knowledge of Credit Applications or Engines.
- Experience or working knowledge of EMV Terminals.
- Experience or working knowledge of POS Systems; preferably Xenial (Xpient) POS.
- High level of technical expertise in a broad range of skills, including: PC hardware (selection, diagnosis and servicing of hardware components), PC operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 2016 Server), PC productivity suites (Microsoft Office), Microsoft Active Directory, and PC management tools (e.g. BigFix).
- Working knowledge of programming languages C#, Visual Basic, Java
- Working knowledge of databases and data access: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, ADO.NEW, ODBC, Transact SQL, Python
- Working knowledge of analysis/design/development tools: Visio, data modeling, function modeling, process flow diagrams
- A competent understanding of polling software (i.e. Aspera), TCP/IP, and WAN / LAN network comprehension.
- Excellent oral and written English communications, interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, work well under pressure & tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate well with others is necessary.
- Technical knowledge in one or more specialties of applications systems analysis and broad knowledge of multiple programming languages, file and database management, and operating system environments.
- Requires solid understanding of business functional areas, business management issues, data analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant technology, tools, and middleware is a must.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.