Organization: North Island Pay Range: 14.70 / 15.31
Job Summary: Regularly performs the full range and scope of housekeeping services that include but not limited to cleaning guest rooms public spaces storage area laundry rooms exterior space etc. These services include but are not limited to vacuuming mopping dusting scrubbing washing moving items polishing cleaning removal of debris trash transporting clean and dirty linen towels etc. Duties may also include breakfast set up clean up and maintenance. Using hand and powered cleaning equipment in connection with performing duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete a routine of tasks and procedures that involve maintaining the cleanliness of Navy Lodge guest rooms public space and other property areas as assigned.
- Ensures guest rooms and other assigned property areas are clean and presentable to Navy Lodge standards.
- Cleans guest rooms and other assigned areas.
- Operates cleaning equipment e.g. vacuum cleaner waxer and polisher.
- Empties wastebaskets dusts waxes and polishes room furniture.
- Also washes walls partitions air vents disinfects and deodorizes toilet bowls lavatories etc.
- Washes and replaces window treatments and washes ceiling fixtures changes light bulbs and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds.
- Moves furniture to clean under and behind uses step stool to clean window and window treatments cabinet tops mirrors and picture frames.
- Cleans bathroom areas including tub tile walls commode floors and vanity.
- Cleans kitchen area including stoves ovens microwave refrigerator cabinets and floor. Disinfects dishes utensils and cookware.
- Continually communicates status of cleaned rooms and other spaces to supervisor through completion of daily assignments or property management system in the housekeeping department.
- Responsible for the pass key and other keys as assigned.
- Returns all keys at the end of each shift.
- Must report immediately to the supervisor such things as no luggage in a stayover guest room no service needed sleepouts extra guests unauthorized pets and any other unusual circumstances.
- Cleans vacuums and mops corridors stairways guest laundry patios and balconies.
- Shampoos rugscarpets and polishes rails of stairways on a regular basis. Completes scheduled carpet cleaning using heavy industrial type carpet cleaners and equipment.
- Assists the housekeeping department with scheduled deep cleaning of guest rooms including moving furniture.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of storage rooms.
- Accomplishes minor repairs and maintenance of equipment used and reports to supervisor when major repair or replacement is required.
- Patrols parking lots outside passage ways sidewalks and removes trash and debris as required.
- May be required to load and unload trucksvans.
- Assists with the receipt of merchandise from vendors the assembly separation storage and delivery of merchandise by opening boxes and crates.
- May also be required to move heavy boxes by lifting or hand truck.
- Uses common hand tools such as hammers pliers box cutters crowbar and shears for cutting bands.
- Reports any lost and found items to the housekeeping supervisor immediately listing the room number or area where it was found.
- Responsible for the setup and breakdowncleanup of the complimentary selfservice breakfast bar.
- Assist with preparing prepackaged breakfast items by assembling takeout breakfast bags or placing items available to guests on display.
- Ensures surrounding area is returned to its original state and free of all leftover food by the end of designated breakfast hour.
- May be required to assist with setup and breakdown of chairs and tables used during special event and clean immediate and surrounding area upon the conclusion of the event.
- Greets a guest with pleasant acknowledgement when seen within 10 feet.
- Complete all required safety security training.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Required to obtain certain certifications as necessary in connection with performing job duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
No experience required High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Physical requirements moderate physical effort moving furniture and the use of hand or lightweight powered cleaning equipment.
Schedule: Part-time (20 - 34.5 hours)
Unposting Date: Ongoing