Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with your community?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
San Diego – Copley-Price Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Leads all aspects of program operation
- Assist in all functions of the Teen Department
- Regularly meet with Teen Director to evaluate and enhance the Teen Programs and services
- Assess the inclusion of YMCA mission and values in all program areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of new Teen Programs as needed
- Ensure all YMCA policies & procedures, and health department requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Foster staff motivation, recognition, and teamwork.
- Plan, conduct, and document monthly staff meetings, focusing on safety, review of established policies and procedures, and customer service
- Adhere to all hiring and personnel procedures, including processing of all documentation by established deadlines.
- Represent the Branch as needed in the community through various groups, organizations, coalitions, etc.
- Support implementation of branch diversity plan
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, attractive, safe, and well-repaired facilities
- Participate as an enthusiastic team member in the overall operation of the branch
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students
- Actively collaborate with families, school personnel, and district partners to align high quality academic activities, coordinate student services, and ensure positive relationships with all program stakeholders
- Effectively manage all administrative duties for site including site budget, monthly paperwork, attendance management, program planning, staff development, and other contractual and compliance duties
- Manage daily program operations including daily set up, program management, and daily closure of expanded learning program
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Bachelor degree in Education, Child Development, Recreation or a related field preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a youth development capacity in day camp or community outreach setting
- High skill level in organizing, planning, and implementation of administrative procedures
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers
- Must have a sincere interest in leading, coaching, and developing staff. Previous experience managing staff in a professional setting is highly desirable
- Must have a sincere interest in working with children 10+ years of age and the ability to relate to children and adults in a professional manner
- Responsible for overall on-site management, staff and student supervision, site compliance, program planning, and implementing high quality program activities
- Completion of Child Abuse Prevention training prior to working with program participants
- Physical ability to lead sports, games and curriculum activities, monitor youth behavior, and perform general housekeeping responsibilities
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Must be highly dependable and have the ability to be flexible with change within a daily schedule.
- Ability to provide leadership to staff and participants
- Ability to adequately observe program activities and the ability to enforce safety standards and regulations while applying policies and procedures.
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute