Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Insurance Audit Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the company’s Insurance functions. The role is primarily responsible, under general supervision, for providing timely job duties related to insurance monetary transactions.
- Review and validate accuracy of insurance data.
- Ensure all appropriate and required actions have been taken at Closing.
- Provide timely quality assurance reporting to Management as needed.
- Complete independent research in order to resolve insurance-related issues.
- Ensure established SLAs are appropriately followed.
- Ensure appropriate vendor management and oversight; monitor vendor SLA reports, activities to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, Regulatory, State and Investor guidelines, including but not limited to the following: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, USDA, HOEPA, CFPB, FEMA and RESPA.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses preferred, along with one or more years total work experience in mortgage/banking; a viable combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Preferred knowledge of the complete mortgage servicing process from origination to payoff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with competencies in Excel, general computer programs, and general office equipment:
- Data Entry 8,000KPH
- Typing Speed 40WPM
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated and determined to succeed in a competitive, time sensitive industry.
- Proficient in organizing projects, prioritizing work, and completing multiple tasks accurately.
- Ability to research discrepancies independently.
- Proactive attention to Customer Service.
- Respectful, accountable, with a high degree of integrity.
- Continuously seeks knowledge and strives for improvement.
- Delivers the unexpected.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
- General supervision required, depending on experience level.
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities.
- Travel: 0%.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.