Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
As a Digital Product Owner, you lead the direction-setting, discovery, prioritization of needs, requirements and roadmap, shaping product strategies based on data, assessment of product metrics, and interdependencies across digital business. You are accountable for product performance and success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Representing the voice of the consumer and business priorities as the Product Owner on Agile SCRUM team.
- Collaborating with key business stakeholders, IT partners and other groups on product strategies, roadmaps.
- Identifying optimization opportunities to drive continuous product improvement
- Making sure the product backlog is aligned with business priorities. Making hard, high-judgment trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market.
- Continually monitoring the competitive market place and determining product’s position in the market
- Defining the target customer experience in partnership with key business stakeholders while
- Writing (and/or partnering with the BSA to write) customer-centric user stories, ranking and prioritizing them within the product backlog.
- Ensuring aligned UX across consumer facing digital products and touch-points with broader Product Owner & UX teams.
- Ensure consistent execution of the product lifecycle process from concept to launch.
- Being accountable for the team delivering value to consumers and the business
- Ensuring clear communication and coordination across business, design and IT teams to manage the scope of each product launch for on time delivery of key features
- Being the key point of contact and decision maker for business stakeholders.
- Partnering across business on plans for new features, including branding, marketing, and communications strategy
Leads cross functional Agile SCRUM team.
Standard office environment, working on Agile SCRUM team