SAIC is seeking a Junior Test Engineer to join our team in support of work in San Diego, CA.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads. Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues. Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science with one (1) to three (3) years of professional experience in software testing preferred.
- Experience with open source test automation tools including Selenium and/or Katalon required.
- Familiarity with .Net C#.
- Understanding of integrations and be able to account for multiple integrations with a particular application
- Experience in developing test automation strategies and scripts
- Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations and communication
- Able to collaborate with clients, project managers and development teams to produce high-quality work products
- Experience with TestComplete preferred
- Ability to pass a background check required
- Ability to work with customers in a team environment
- Some travel to San Diego, CA required if not local
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.