The Executive Security Services (ESS) -- Special Events Lead is responsible for developing and implementing customized security plans for large-scale corporate events, focusing on the safety, security, and privacy of all attendees. Regularly collaborates with internal and external teams, stakeholders, contract security personnel, law enforcement and medical entities, to ensure company goals are accomplished. Additionally, performs executive security protection and other related services for senior executives, members of the Board of Directors, retired CEO's, and other VIP's of Sempra Energy. This is a full-time position based in San Diego.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all facets of event planning, advance and assess venue locations, provide security briefings to senior leadership, review operating budgets, conduct vendor audits, and complete all necessary documentation and reporting. Travel globally in support of the mission, including extended days, evenings, and weekends on sometimes short notice. Required to be available to the protectee(s) until dismissed or as directed by Manager.
- Meets at protectee's residence, place of employment, or other designated location at the time required each day. Responsible for the safety and security of assigned protectee. This includes preparing safe transportation routes, evaluating the security of the protectee's residence at departure and arrival, completing advances on destination points, and supporting special events.
- Attends specialized training in executive protection, defensive & security driving, self-defense, certification in First Aid/CPR/AED (automatic external defibrillator), and first responder medicine (also known as TCCC: tactical combat casualty care).
- Additional assignments include, but are not limited to, assisting department members with other security related duties.
- Attends briefings related to security matters affecting the principal and general crime in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Area of Interest
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in law enforcement and/or military dignitary protection.
- 5+ years experience in executive protection in the private sector a plus.
- 5+ years experience in protective intelligence analysis and application a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of routes and locations throughout southern Caifornia.
- Current in executive protection knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Special event security planning and operations.
- Residential security assessment and consulting.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance and motor vehicle operations.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid California driver license. Safe driving record. No chargeable accidents or violations over the last three (3) years required.
- Executive Protection or Driving Instructor certifications a plus.
- EMT or intermediate/advanced emergency medical certifications a plus.
- If hired, must successfully complete an Executive Services training program in the first year, to include Executive Protection and Security Driver courses, and First Aid/CPR/AED and tactical medicine courses.
- Must maintain high levels of physical fitness and possess extraordinary organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.