Come play with us! Amazon Game Studios is looking for a full time Software Development Engineer in Test, with strong talent and expertise in building tools/automation that spans multiple areas of technology. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly.
You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by “that’s not how we do things here.” You’ll have an opportunity to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You’ll have a tangible impact on our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
· Support test frameworks and toolsets that impacts studio development, quality, deployment, and operations productivity.
· Support automation strategies that guides development teams to maximize testability of games and efficiency of test of test efforts in relation to tools.
· Support the architecture and technology choices of other engineers.
· Be an advocate for or customers: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· 5+ years in a Software Development Engineer in Test role.
· 3+ automation frameworks created for testing different technologies (Services, Websites, Mobile, Desktop, Consoles, Games, etc).
· 5+ years experience programming in Python, C#, or C++.
· Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
· Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
· Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience with large scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
· Experience working in an Kanban, Agile, and/or Test Driven Development environment.