Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
As a Marketing Operations Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering simultaneous and parallel projects for a high energy, high volume/throughput Marketing Operations team supporting Marketing departments and domains: Brand Creative, Media, MarTech/AdTech, Visual and more. Key stakeholders for the Marketing Ops team are the Integrated Marketing, Customer Engagement & Loyalty, Creative Services and Digital Transformation teams that are responsible for producing and delivering multiple, simultaneous and mission-critical campaigns for many of Petco’s high growth businesses.
Your core competencies should include project and program delivery, ability to approach complex problems from a consultative, best practices standpoint, understand Marketing business and respective technology stacks. Your skills will grow with evolving needs; you will embody ownership and accountability, and your ethos will consist of communication, collaboration and coordination.
You will also own other responsibilities in the Marketing org including but not limited to prep and execution of All Hands meetings and other frequent large team meetings, manage content and program information repositories, manage contracts and team onboarding processes, as well as be/become the expert in project management tools such as SmartSheets.
FUNCTIONAL PROCESS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
· The candidate should have experience working with transformational business and IT teams through global and local initiatives involving strategic planning, organizing, and coordinating multiple internal and external vendor and agency teams. This may include new platform/product launches as well as always on hygiene efforts.
· Left and right brain functions are treasured in this role; understanding of the creative element in Marketing Operations is important, as you will be working on multiple projects where being process-driven and creative will intersect and will need to be carefully balanced.
· You will be a resourceful, creative, organized self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, and will focus on quality of deliverables, speed to market, risk mitigation and growth.
· You will leverage escalation procedures in a timely manner and will be able to present risks in a cohesive, straightforward manner.
· Preferred experience includes risk and stakeholder management, data governance, as waterfall, agile and hybrid project methodologies.
· You will most likely start with projects with small to medium levels of complexity and will progressively take on bigger programs and initiatives overtime.
· And, if you are a superb Microsoft Excel User, we want to talk to you!
INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP
· As a “why” enthusiast, you will be comfortable in a culture of transparency, proactive thinking and growth mindset.
· You will continuously look to expand your leadership skills, strive for innovation in using Marketing Operations tools, work with the Director to continuously pilot and try new methods, tools and processes in the spirit of continuous advancement of the Marketing Operations’ team charter.
· With a keen eye on details, you will find creative, end-to-end solutions to process challenges, focus on proving ROI by creating and managing reports and dashboards, illustrating efficiency and other improvements in process and output. You will use data to drive your decision making.
· Demonstrated learning agility of new subject matter is as critical as the willingness to
“roll up the sleeves” and lean into a challenging dynamic.
· You will demonstrate the ability to embrace temporary setbacks gracefully and with “can do” attitude to best serve the mission.
· You will have the heart of a teacher and be willing to coach and mentor others within your team and outside of it.
· Ability to forge trusted consultant-like relationships is key. This role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy, strong voice and influence in a fast-moving environment.
· This role will flex between critical and strategic thinking and be able to anticipate the immediate and future needs of various stakeholders.
· The candidate will be well versed in understanding and recognizing when change management is needed; able to assist in related requests. Capable of working independently and as part of a team, proactively looking for improvement opportunities in processes, tools and operations both inside and outside of the immediate sphere of influence.
· The candidate will be collaborating (both orally and in written form) effectively with peers, SMEs, business teams, vendors and project stakeholders. Mastery of material presentation is critical when precisely communicating across multiple areas.
· Along with the Director and the rest of the PM team, you will drive clarity on responsibilities, tasks and dependencies broadly to the org; similarly, you will assist in mediating cross-functional resourcing issues / conflict resolution with functional leads. You will know when to take copious notes and when to stay at 10,000-foot view.
· Context switching, toggling from task to task, while moving the greater objective along is both a skill and an art. Similarly, being an expert time manager is helpful in setting proper expectations for the teams you will assist.