Let's Talk About the Team and You
Big ideas and big goals reign at ResMed. You will thrive in an environment filled with self-starters with the drive to make a difference. You will be encouraged within a people-focused culture that motivates and recognizes, so that together, we can produce the best products and results.
ResMed is seeking an innovative and passionate Software Engineer to work with a talented engineering team in our Digital Health Technology product development group. The ideal candidate will be a smart, motivated individual seeking an opportunity to work on large scale / high volume cloud-native applications, writing code that is optimized for high performance, high availability, and scalability. You will work closely with our software engineers in an agile, dynamic high-growth environment and contribute to the development and successful delivery of DHT software solutions.
Let's Talk about Responsibilities
As part of a full-cycle engineering team,
- Build best-in-class, cloud-native applications that are reliable, scalable, secure and simple to use.
- Spike, prototype, modernize and deliver applications through best engineering practices.
- Own quality and customer impact of your software in production.
- Collaborate day to day with a small team of software engineers.
- Provide design input to the team.
- Interface with other project stakeholders, and ensure that the system objectives are balanced with overall project objectives.
- Recommend enhancements and execute software development processes.
- Hone your creativity and engineering skills with a growth mindset in a dynamic agile environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let's Talk about Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ year of professional software development experience, preferably on high-volume cloud native applications and services.
- Exceptional debugging, testing and problem-solving skills.
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with Java.
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with AWS.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and algorithms.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Experience with Agile software development process particularly Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with web application and API development, TDD, BDD, Git, CI/CD.
- Eagerness and drive to learn and grow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS certification like developer or solutions architect is a big asset.
- Experience with Terraform is desirable.
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge on messaging protocols and data streaming is an asset.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- AI/ML experience is an asset.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!