Here at Petco, our vision is simple: Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. This credo drives everything we do. But what really sets us apart? We obsess about delivering health and happy experiences for pets and the people who love them. This is our mission. It guides every Partner in every role here at Petco, every day.
And the way that we live out our mission is through our core values. No matter what your skillset is or how much experience you have, if you love people and pets—and these values mirror your own—we probably have the perfect job for you here. Take a closer look at our values, and then explore our dynamic career areas to find out what a career at Petco can mean for you.
The GM Owned Brand will define and enable customer, industry and insight driven end to end Owned Brand strategies, product development and innovation at Petco. As a groundbreaking architect they will provide strategic leadership and is the visionary driver for the Sourcing, Product Design & Development, Customer Strategy, Owned Brand Content, Packaging and Quality Assurance teams for our Owned Brand product portfolio.
The successful candidate will display the entrepreneurial competencies and drive required to own the P&L including development of financial and sales strategies ensuring the success of the Owned Brand business unit. He/She will be empowered to develop end to end Own Brand initiatives evolving into a multi-year strategic roadmap incorporating business, brand, products, partners, pet and pet parents.
The GM Owned brands role is the Custodial Champion of trust, quality, design,and experience for pets and pet parents via our owned portfolio. This will be achieved through laser focused loyalty and world class product and program development. At their core, they must have passionate dedication to develop world class Strategic Sourcing, QA, Product Development, Vendor Matrix, Long/short term marketing plans with empowered activation complimented by the resilience and determination of a business owner.
The role will also work closely in concern with the Chief Merchandising Officer and the Vice Presidents of each Merchandising category to develop joint strategies, product innovation roadmaps, and go to market initiatives to integrate our Owned Brands and products into our broader merchandising portfolio, in store, and online.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute visionary strategic plans based on a sophisticated ability to understand market trends and customer focus
- Periodically perform systemic analyses to ensure we are correctly targeting our customer by brand and identifying new opportunities for growth and are applying financial and quantitative insights.
- Direct, influence, persuade, and motivate others with the ability to flex style as the situation requires, and collaborate or empower as needed. Sponsor effective communication. Engage and inspire peer and subordinate associates in a matter that encourages collaboration, cooperation and performance excellence.
- Maintain awareness of legislative and other legal issues as well as activist issues that will or may impact our business. Ensure other, key Petco leaders are informed of same and participate in the development and implementation of any business strategies that may be required as a result.
- Accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty with the confidence to challenge and stimulate team on sales projections, business opportunities and merchandise flow.
- Champion change efforts through the effective utilization of the talent of team members
- Utilize business acumen and analysis skills necessary to control financial metrics required to achieve profit objectives.
- Shape strategy for the future development of our Owned Brand program.
- Ensure Customer centricity is maintained in the development of new projects.
This position provides leadership and direction to the associates within Merchandising-Product Development department and is inclusive of Global Sourcing (including the China office), and Quality Assurance teams. This includes hiring, mentoring and disciplinary action up to and including termination.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Travel approximately 25% of the time is required via automobile and airplane, including travel outside the United States