We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager for Digital Health Technology function. Within ResMed, we deliver life-changing outcomes by building connected healthcare solutions that extend the value of ResMed’s core businesses. This role would be part of a dynamic leadership team that enables software development teams to build and deliver innovative solutions.
As an experienced people leader, you will be responsible for the growth and management of a team of talented engineers. Additionally, the leader will define and drive the processes that contribute to the successful delivery of the team’s software solutions. You will have technical and industry experience in all phases of the software life cycle, and the ability to push boundaries with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams such as Technical Product Management, Architecture, Quality, Security, and Platform Engineering. You need to be able to provide input and guidance on engineering best practices for the team and enable the team to deliver high-quality software in an environment with tight schedules.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver the best in class software solutions.
- Cultivate a strong innovative engineering culture in an agile environment.
- Grow technical expertise of the team around quality, scalability, resiliency, and interoperability using state of the art technologies.
- Provide coaching and feedback on team member performance and career development.
- Develop team leadership and succession plan for the team by hiring, training, and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals.
- Support the team’s progress against multiple projects, and assist issue mitigation and resolution.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, regulatory and other business systems
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience hiring, leading and coaching high performing software development teams.
- A passion for software craftsmanship, technically sound design, clean code, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to comprehend complex software systems at an abstract level.
- Strong understanding of technology stacks, knowledge of platform and service development processes within a Cloud Native architecture.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering large scale software solutions in the cloud.
- Excellent knowledge in designing automated unit, functional and stress tests.
- Experience in software delivery through CI/CD pipeline.
- Possess analysis, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- AI and Machine Learning experience is a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, and Scrum framework.
- Proven ability to understand product business environment and drivers. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and operate effectively in a collaborative global environment at all levels of the organization, internal stakeholders and customers.
- An equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!