UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/20/20 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/30/20. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Under direct supervision of the clinic manager and the general supervision of the clinic providers and licensed nursing staff, performs a wide-variety of patient care activities in support of clinic activity requiring specific knowledge and training in patient care duties within business and professions code of the State of California and/or TJC regulations.
Duties include but are not limited to: patient triage processing, preparation and assistance with patient examinations, administering medications, drawing blood, collecting and preparing laboratory tests, and patient education. As needed, the LVN Resource assists with front office functions including patient scheduling, environmental care functions, equipment/supply management, and cleaning/disinfecting the clinic environment. This includes prioritizing and assisting in patient triage processing, preparation and assistance with patient examinations, administering medications, drawing blood, collecting and preparing laboratory tests, and patient education. Also serves as a lead for clinic medical assistants. Position requires initiative, able to prioritize critical demands and the ability to work in a team environment. Other duties as required
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) issued by the state of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- A minimum of two (2) years LVN experience.
- Thorough knowledge of universal precautions and proper use of body mechanics.
- Proven ability to take initiative, prioritize critical demands and work in a team environment.
- Experience in multi-specialty.
- EPIC or EMR experience.
- Primary Care experience.
- Back office experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.