Business Consulting: includes analysis/evaluation of business and/or system process and functional requirements, development of business cases, client support during system development and implementation, development and maintenance of service level agreements. Develops relationships with upstream and downstream business partners. Develops/maintains and changes business processes, and understands the business processes of assigned partners and how they relate to our functional areas. Develops and recommends changes to business processes.
- Full use of application of standard principles, theories, and techniques.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Develops and leverages relationships with peers, supervisors and management.
- Understand their functional area business processes and assigned area.
- Independently initiates, investigates, documents, and analyzes client requirements in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models with innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Assesses scope and impact of client business needs.
- Develops business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Conducts workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis.
- Identifies overlaps and related processes.
- May assist in the development of project plans.
- May use the associated project planning tools.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience, to include a minimum two (2) years in a consulting role.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system/process specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline.
- Certification or advanced qualification by third party association that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline preferred.