MEDICAL ASSISTANT II
Del Mar - Full-Time
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) offers exciting opportunities for qualified candidates to join our rapidly growing organization. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Rady Children’s Hospital and Health Center with just over 500 employees. RCPMS supports primary care pediatricians with 32 office locations throughout San Diego and Southern Riverside Counties.
RCPMS seeks friendly, motivated, experienced individuals for our open Medical Assistant II positions. Full-time hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Under the supervision of the Clinic Manager, the Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting the physicians and other allied health care professionals with patients and families seen in Primary Care Medical Office. The MA II is cross trained and performs front office functions as a regular and ongoing responsibility. The MA II works in the capacity of such front office positions as Patient Services Representative or Referral Coordinator a minimum of 25% and a maximum of 50% of their total work hours per month.
- Performs various procedures associated with routine patient encounters, including processing incoming calls for appointments and distribution, directing patients to appropriate clinic locations, informing patients of clinic procedures and confirming appointments.
- Checks HMO eligibility and demonstrates knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Administers medication and vaccinations (with verification of medication and dose prior to administration).
- Performs skin tests and performs ear lavage to remove impacted cerumen using non-invasive technique.
- Collect urine, sputum and stool specimens by non-invasive techniques. Insures lab specimens are correctly obtained and labeled and lab requisitions are correctly completed.
- Data Collection – Accurately collect and record patient data including height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure, and basic information about the presenting and previous conditions.
- Medical Assistant diploma/certificate from an accredited school.
- Two years of front/back MA experience, pediatric experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Pleasant attitude, a professional appearance and a willingness to assign high priority to patient comfort and satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must demonstrate accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail and must strive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
For full-time positions, RCPMS offers the full scope of benefits, a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional growth. Employee benefits include but are not limited to:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
If you want to work with a great group of people, we invite you to join us in promoting the health of children within our communities.
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter. APPLY