The Sr. Financial Analyst will report to Illumina’s Marketing Finance team. The successful candidate will support budget planning, forecasts, monthly operational/financial reviews, and other ad hoc projects in support of Pricing and Marketing Analytics. The successful candidate will utilize strong business acumen, deep financial expertise, and solid communication to become an effective partner within the organization.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing Finance, this role will provide financial planning and analysis for the Pricing & Marketing Analytics Organization.
- Lead projection process to minimize forecast exposure and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Support monthly/quarterly close process as it pertains to operating expense management, general ledger reviews, headcount reviews, accruals, and other related processes.
- Actively participate in the preparation of financial reporting package focused on performance related to the Marketing organization to senior leadership.
- Assist with Marketing team’s annual budgeting and strategic planning cycles.
- Deliver analytics to support pricing and discount strategy across entire product line across all regions.
- Input and maintain Marketing program spend budget in Hive 9 program planning tool and influence compliance and understanding.
- Track Marketing headcount and open requisitions and collaborate with talent acquisition teem to forecast hiring timing and cost assumptions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business segments, products and KPIs to provide support and reporting capabilities to Marketing organization
- Ad hoc financial support analysis in collaboration with Strategy and Partnership Finance teams for M&A or partnerships deals.
- Perform any other tasks or ad hoc projects as needed.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Typically 4+ years in Finance, preferably working with Marketing or Commercial teams
- Fluent knowledge of the main elements and drivers of income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow
- Strong hands-on experience with SAP is preferred; exposure to Cognos, TM1 is a plus
- Proven ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and understand the strategic implications of different business approaches
- Exceptional interpersonal soft skills, able to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Superb written communication and project management skills
- Commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting multiple goals or deadlines
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-directed and able to work well in a team environment
- Exhibits clear leadership potential
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.