Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Auditor, QA plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities directly related to the company’s Quality Assurance functions. The role is responsible, under general supervision, for performing quality control audits of retail and correspondent residential mortgage loans related to area of specialization (Post-Closing and Pre-Funding) to ensure mortgage loan processes comply with applicable regulatory requirements, investor guidelines and business standards. This role is also responsible for examining loan documents to ensure completeness, accuracy and identify risk issues and potential fraud; taking corrective action as needed.
- Carry out successful daily interaction with production branches; providing effective communication and customer service.
- Identify and resolve issues/errors in pre-funding and/or post-closing stage of loan file review, and take corrective action to bring loans in compliance with regulatory requirements and business standards related to area of specialization.
- Interpret and apply investor guidelines and internal overlays related to all products; FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA & Jumbo/Portfolio.
- Support the salability of mortgage loans by examining them for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal policies, investor and third party quality control standards.
- Evaluate underwriting decisions and closing preparation to detect errors and omissions; identify and escalate discrepancies, potential fraud and/or policy violations.
- Review and re-verify as needed; income/employment, tax returns, debt-to-income ratio, consumer credit reports, asset statements/source of funds, loan-to-value ratio, collateral valuation, chain of title, identity of interest, etc.
- Evaluate selected loans with canceled or declined credit applications for accuracy, based upon established risk parameters to ensure conformance with business and investor standards, regulatory requirements and product guidelines.
- Manage multiple spreadsheets for pipeline management and for documenting, tracking and trending audits.
- Prioritization of projects to effectively manage time and meet strict deadlines to satisfy QA regulatory requirements.
- Verify that required information and supporting data related to loan deficiencies, are clearly documented, and that proper procedures are followed when taking corrective action.
- Recommend efficiencies and general operational improvements to enhance department policies & procedures and training curriculum based on audit findings and deficiency trends.
- Assist Senior QA Auditors on pre/post close audits projects.
- Participate on internal department team projects.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; applicable college courses/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field is preferred; along with at least three years of total work experience in positions that developed in-depth knowledge of the overall consumer mortgage lending processes (loan origination through closing) and industry regulations that affect consumer mortgage lending.
- Prefer experience working with investor and third party quality control requirements. Processing and/or junior underwriting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and ability to interpret and apply investor guidelines and internal overlays; FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA & Jumbo.
- Ability to manage multiple spreadsheets for pipeline management and for documenting, tracking and trending audits.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet strict deadlines to satisfy regulatory QA requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Think analytically and critically.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment to complete work in a timely manner to ensure department goals and compliance quotas are met.
- Manage multiple files, requests and deadlines; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Intermediate experience using PDF/Adobe programs and Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with MyKey and BlitzDocs a plus.
- Depending on experience, moderate level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making
- Use sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.