Nortek Control has a great benefits package! In addition to health care benefits such as medical, dental and vision and 11 paid holidays, we also have a gym reimbursement program as well as an on-site gym. We offer the opportunity to further your education and / or obtain certifications related to your position through our tuition reimbursement program. We encourage innovation and as such you have the opportunity to patent ideas & receive monetary rewards. We have free water, coffee, tea and sodas available as well as fresh fruit. The environment is open which encourages collaboration with peers & welcomes interactions with our senior leadership team. We think it's pretty cool!
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, bench testing, modifying, and evaluating analog and digital integrated circuitry for motor operated appliances.
- Lead project engineer responsible for the hardware design of high volume, low cost AC/DC motorized appliances controlled by WiFi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, or sub-GHz technologies
- Translates product marketing requirements into hardware technical specifications and provides clarity on the system architecture
- Works with supply chain and vendors in component selection and timely resolution of issues
- Generates documentation for products including, but not limited to, bill of materials and test procedures
- Writes test cases to exercise every aspect of a design
- Coordinates with local fabrication and assembly shops to build PCBA prototypes and uses Design For Manufacturability (DFM) best practices
- Tests and validates designs (DVT) to ensure they meet the technical specifications and product requirements
- Operates basic lab equipment including, but not limited to, multimeters, power supplies, electronic loads, function generators, and spectrum analyzers
- Effectively communicates in cross-functional design reviews to remove technical roadblocks
- Coordinates with other groups including Test Engineering, Software, Supply Chain, and Operations
- Achieves deliverables on time and is responsible to meet group commitments
- Supports manufacturing of existing product lines by communicating issues, generating engineering change orders, collaborating on process improvements, evaluating End-of-Life component replacements, etc
- Other Duties as assigned
- BSEE (MSEE Preferred) with minimum of 5 years in relevant industry experience required
- Prior experience in managing hardware designs from concept to production; includes generating block diagrams, schematic capture, layout, and Gerber generation
- Experience with circuit schematic and layout tools (e.g. Altium/Cadence/Mentor Graphics etc.) is required
- Experience with Altium Designer highly desirable
- Proven background in analog and digital circuit design is a must
- Strong background in consumer product design and high volume, low cost manufacturing of products with microcontrollers, power management and wireless circuits
- Regulatory certification experience (FCC, CE, UL, etc) is preferred
- Knowledge of RF/wireless considerations is highly desirable
- Experience using Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use hands to grip or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of utilizing a computer, printer, phone, and keyboard
- Manual dexterity suitable for use of utilizing a computer
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to work in an office setting
- Ability to walk and/or climb 5% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to sit at a computer for 90% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Light to moderate lifting
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be comfortable working in an office environment to include moderate noise levels
- The working area is primarily in an open office setting with reasonable lighting and controlled temperatures
Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. Any employee in this job may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks an employee may be expected to perform. The company reserves the right to change tasks as needed.