The Design Supervisor will supervise a team of HDDC Designer associates. They will be responsible for driving sales and leading profitable operations by leading, coaching, and mentoring their team of Designers on the sales floor. The team will be responsible for the design of creative solutions for single room, complex mid-level, and complex, high-level design projects. Projects include replacements, renovations (single or multiple room), new construction, and design updates. Additionally, the Design Supervisor will assist with design projects, as needed. They will be responsible for their directs regarding performance appraisal, professional development, and disciplinary actions. The Design Supervisor must possess strong communication and follow-up skills and is responsible for managing their team to ensure that clients receive the highest level of customer satisfaction possible through project completion.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% - Sales:
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues that may impair the team's ability to meet customer needs
- Teaches and encourages best practices with his or her directs and the department as a whole
- Monitors sales reports and supervises Designers on making the appropriate behavioral changes to positively impact sales
- Provide on-site leadership for project, as needed
- Assists Designers with the pre-construction meeting and participate in final project walk through with client
- Makes recommendations to upper management to improve Design-related strategy
- Suggests related items/services that might complement clients purchase
- Educates clients during the selling process (e.g., answers questions, elaborates on features, benefits, costs)
- Oversees day-to-day execution of the design process, including client consultations, site visits, creating drawings by hand or with 2020, leading the client presentation and selling the project
40% - Customer Service:
- Reviews and provides constructive feedback on project designs
- Properly onboards new associates
- Supervises a team of Designers through hands-on leadership
- Inspires his or her team to have a high level of engagement and performance
- May need to Open and/or Close the facility as acting MOD
- May act as Key Carrying Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Encourages team members to continuously develop their personal and professional skills in the Design area of expertise
- Conducts weekly stand-up meetings to discuss project updates
10% - Self-Development:
- Proactively seeks knowledge on all products and services
- Routinely develops skills in related areas of expertise
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Sales Manager.
This position has up to 12 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
1+ years of Supervising Specialty Retail, Interior Design or Kitchen & Bath Design
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work independently and with a team
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Customer Focus: Keeps the customer as the focal point of activity. Gets the basics right; delivers the day-to-day performance that clients require. Is polite and friendly in customer engagements to drive satisfaction
Drives Results: Delivers on commitments and expectations
Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly with teammates and supervisors in both verbal and written communications. Uses active listening in understanding message content and point of view
Collaborates: Contributes to the group s efforts and steps forward to help as needed. Seeks input from others