Date posted 07/26/2022 Job ID 37858BR Company General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Experience Level Senior (8+ years) Job Title Software Test Supervisor City Poway State California Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position serves as a supervisor and exercises considerable latitude in determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to test management software applications to achieve predetermined long- range goals and objectives. This position will lead a team of Engineers/Software Testers in the testing of software from the requirements phase through field test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Supervise and direct the work of Engineers/Developers and oversee their output for consistency and accuracy.
- Plan and schedule work assignments for the team. Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems.
- Summary Under general supervision, this position conducts software inspection, testing, verification, and validation.
- Reviews software design and change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet acceptable reliability standards and program objectives.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software testing plans.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifying software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with developers to resolve issues, provides feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s), and monitors deployment across the system(s).
- Contributes to the analysis and development of test standards and procedures for software development and maintenance.
- Participates in the development of software quality testing, operating methods, and processes.
- This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
- Reviews software design and change specifications. Determines requirements and specifications for software inspection, testing, verification, and/or validation.
- Develops, modifies and executes software testing plans for assigned software.
- Conducts software inspections, testing, verification, and validation of assigned software.
- Documents tests and assists in debugging and modifying software.
- Consults with developers to resolve issues.
- Provides feedback for the technical appraisal of tested software to ensure successful deployment.
- Contributes to the development/updating of test standards and procedures software development and software testing.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
Travel Percentage Required 0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided Not Provided US Citizenship Required? Yes Clearance Required? Desired Clearance Level
- Typically requires a bachelors degree or masters degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline and eighteen or more years of professional software quality analyst experience. Equivalent professional quality analyst experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have complete understanding of software quality analysis concepts, theory, and operations and experience demonstrating those skills.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other employees and managers.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required