- Elicit requirements for features, major enhancements or system re-design to existing medium scale systems and new small systems
- Support selection and implementation of small automation systems or components of larger automation systems
- Core team representative on small to medium sized projects.
- Provide shorter-term deliverables to process improvement activities to increase efficiency of automation team, with some guidance.
- Leverage project relationships with a target of directing product quality
- Develop solutions within established design architecture.
- Supports and helps drive innovative concepts.
- Execution of tasks independently and with guidance as necessary from project lead or manager.
- Participates in bringing innovation to the department.
- Assists in cross functional tasks and significant impact to immediate project.
- Influences decisions in own area of responsibility.
- Uses judgment to assist in defining scope and objectives of project. Primary job functions typically require exercising some independent judgment.
- Understands the key business drivers for assigned projects; uses this knowledge in own work.
- Establish relationships within project team, stakeholders and across functional groups in the organization.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Able to contribute in investigation and resolution of automation problems.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Working knowledge of automation engineering function
- Solid understanding of SDLC and global validation procedure suite
- Able to plan and prioritize assignments with minimal guidance.
- Able to provide recommendations for risk mitigation within automation and at critical interfaces to other teams.
- Able to research potential vendors and initiate discussions on partnering opportunities on a specific project.
- Able to select appropriate automation components with minimal oversight.
- Able to manage vendor commitments and maintain relationship.
- Works effectively in team environment and shares credit for successes.
- Is receptive to ideas and appreciates alternative backgrounds/perspectives.
- Works effectively with internal customers and is aware of their needs and expectations.
- Communication of observations, technical findings and progress in group setting.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.