SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer with an Interim Secret Clearance in San Diego. This role will support the development, integration, testing, and technical documentation of maritime surveillance systems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to analyze high-level problem statements and develop conceptual solutions for consideration during team discussions; develop detailed, viable, engineering solutions from conceptual designs; generate technical documentation packages, including fabrication drawings, analysis packages, and technical briefs; interface with vendors to identify Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components; integrate components or subsystems into system assemblies; conduct component-level lab tests and system level operational at-sea tests; generate test plans and document test results; and thrive in a dynamic, team environment.
Job duties include:
- Design, analysis and development of electrical and electronic systems
- Design, analysis and development of cable and connector assemblies
- Design, analysis, and development of power systems
- Design and specification of underwater cable assembly components based on stated operational/functional needs.
- Design, analysis, and development of control systems, including signal processing and filtering, system logic development, and integration
- Design, analysis, and development of sensor packages
- Design, configuration, and programming of microprocessors
- Development of system wiring diagrams
- Integration and assembly of electro-mechanical systems
- Test and evaluation of maritime surveillance systems, including development of test plans and test reports.
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development
- Design, analysis, and testing of PCBs
- Interfacing with vendors to identify COTS components to meet system requirements
- Interfacing with vendors to solicit fabrication quotes for and initiate procurement of custom components.
- Active participation in team brainstorming and technical review meetings.
Required Clearance, Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum INTERIM SECRET clearance
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of electrical engineering experience
- Experience with C++, Python, ROS, or related software languages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability