As a Genomics Specialist Solutions Architect at AWS, you will build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their genomics journey.
You will manage the overall technical relationship between AWS and our customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You will take a participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
This role would be working with Healthcare and Global Life Sciences customers.
· Experience building and managing genomics workloads
· Experience leveraging the cloud to scale genomics workloads in a commercial environment including data transfer at the PB scale, secondary analysis, and variant interpretation
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Excellent working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· A passion for life sciences, technology, and for learning
· Open to domestic travel up to 30%
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
· Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
· Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.