Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware Engineering
General SummaryJob Overview:
Develop test solutions, both hardware and software, used for testing of RF Front End devices for cellular applications. These modules are multi-chip modules containing Power Amplifiers, LNA’s, duplexers, switches and are used in the cellular electronics.
• Validation, characterization, and production test of RF front-end (RFFE) integrated chips.
• Modules consist of Power Amplifiers, LNA’s, Switches, and Filters. High understanding of testing all components in Front-End modules.
• Experience with test platforms: Advantest-93k, NI-STS, Cohu Pax, Teradyne-uFlex.
• Lab Equipment Knowledge, must be able to use common lab bench equip (oscilloscope, voltmeter, power meter, spectrum analyzer, VNA).
• Familiarity with the New Product Introduction process.
• Understanding of Test methodology for cellular standards.
• Develop software using Jav, C#, C++, and Labview to test Integrated Circuits.
• Develop test hardware utilizing team approach, reviewing schematics and layouts.
• Loadboard Design Experience and understanding hardware layout, able to review and comprehend RF routing (microstrip, stripline, coplanar) power grids, digital routes.
• Statistical Analysis Capability (Exensio, Excel, SEDana, etc)
• Scripting software w/ python, perl, vb or other scripting language to automate tasks.
• Must have strong skills and RF understanding for cellular applications.
• Effective Technical Presentation skills.
• Interpret and analyze data using statistical techniques.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet product introduction schedules.
• 5+ years of direct industry experience.
• Proactive person that shows successful Team Management skills.
• Must be able to trouble-shoot hardware and software to develop test solutions.
• Must have analytical skills for debug and development of hardware and software.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, fast learner, team player with good communication skills.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Education:Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
Work Experiences:1+ years experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc. ,1+ years experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software. ,1+ years experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
Skills:Computer Science, DSP Architectures, Electrical Engineering, Optical Systems, Packaging Systems
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.