Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates company has a current Software Engineer Manager (Test Automation) opening located in San Diego, CA.
Join a strong QA team building cutting-edge automated solutions to real-world testing problems. You'll have an opportunity to make a significant impact in the success of the testing program for our flagship product, Episys. If you like to work in an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment we are looking for you!
You will manage the QA team for Symitar that includes, managing QA Analysts, SDETs, and Performance Engineers. This role will also manage an outsource vendor working on test automation for Symitar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, EE, CIS or engineering-related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with automation testing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a QA Manager or Supervisor.
- Must have experience with test automation tools such as Coded UI or Selenium.
- Must have automation experience with either C# or Java.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Understanding and experience with both Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall SDLC approaches.
- Experience as a developer.
- Experience mentoring SDETs.
- Experience with SQL.
- Should have experience with both Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design and modular programming concept.
- Experience with various test tools (test case management, defect tracking, profilers, etc.).
- Experience overseeing a mix of full-time employees and contractors.
- Experience with large, complicated enterprise-type products.
- Experience evaluating tools and making recommendations about tool.
- Experience rolling out a new tool.
- Experience with Performance Testing.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.