SAIC is looking for a cleared candidate with US Navy fleet experience and familiar with DOD Acquisition. The position and associated work assists with the implementation of Systems Engineering functions for a C-ISR Program of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). The program is a CNO-directed mission critical system.
· Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and seek solutions.
· Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices and fleet experience.
· Elicit and refine customer-derived requirements.
· Ensure designs fully support documented requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints.
· Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software engineering specifications.
· Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
· Contribute to the development of revised and new principles and concepts for mission execution.
· Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Applicable/significant experience is acceptable in lieu of a STEM type degree.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Familiarization with radio frequency waveform generation and transmission.
Familiarization with radio frequency propagation.
Prior Navy Fleet experience.
Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I), NAVWAR, and Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific.
Prior experience with Naval Systems or DoD Acquisition Program processes and policies.
Any of the following certifications: DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, Agile, DevOps, SecDevOps.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability