At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
This Scheduling Specialist position supports the Nuclear Medicine department at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Primary duties include scheduling of diagnostic studies, planning and coordinating treatment plans with the nuclear medicine physician and referring MD, procurement of medicine from vendors/suppliers for said treatments, and coordinating administrative management of department (ex: functionality of office equipment and procurement of office supplies). When multi department exams are ordered you will bring teams together i.e. working with the IR counterpart to properly coordinate patient timing, team timing and doctor timing.
General Scheduling Specialist duties may include the following:
- Responsible for interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information necessary for accurate registration including assigning of appropriate Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorization, point of service payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
- Responds to customer billing and payment inquires as needed.
- Mentors and trains staff on departmental procedures.
- Responsible for accurately scheduling and re-scheduling complex patient procedures and appointments.
- Successful scheduling includes, but not limited to, exhibiting proficiency in the scheduling procedures, scheduling and confirming appointments according to practice guidelines, entering appropriate insurance, initiating authorizations and referrals, performing Key User duties with minimal errors.
- Accurately documents patient to provider communication, assessing urgency and escalating as appropriate. May manage the patient check-in and check-out process from start to finish, which includes identification verification; updating or confirming demographic and insurance information on every patient; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit; verifying coverage including benefits, authorization, pre-determination, payer specific policy exclusions or limitations to coverage, collecting any patient responsibility and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation as needed.
- Regularly displays a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and is able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a benefitted Full Time (32 hours per week), Day Shift position with a Day Shift schedule and six hour shifts, located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.