Manages the 24 hour/7 days a week environmental services operations of a Medical Center and attached and/or detached Medical Office Building(s).Develops and implements efficient/productive cleaning methods, supervises environmental services personnel and manages administration of training programs, customer relations as well as budget administration.Ensures compliance with standards and regulations.
Essential Responsibilities:Manages the daily operations of the department.Regulates daily activities of staff, providing necessary guidance and support to maintain quality performance standards.Selects, coordinates and monitors applicable contracted services.Supervises environmental services and grounds keeping employees to ensure that work techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specifications are adhered to.Interviews and selects environmental services personnel and oversees staff training and development as outlined by EVS policies and procedures.Administers annual performance assessment process.Develops, initiates, and maintains EVS departmental policies/procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, TJC, NFPA, OSHPD, and other governing agency regulations and standards.Documents staff training to ensure full program compliance.Communicates and coordinates department activities with those of other departments by attending and participating in medical center, service area and regional committees such as peer groups, safety, disaster, infection control, interior design and recycling committees.Evaluates new products while adhering to National Purchasing guidelines and National Facilities standards.Participates in the preparation of departmental operating budget, manages resources and monitors performance to ensure adherence to financial targets.Identifies and implements best practices to generate new and innovative ideas to improve service and reduce costs.
- Minimum three (3) years previous supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experience in a health care environment
- Required management/supervisory skills: interviewing, organizing, planning, problem solving and verbal/written communication.
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment preferred.
- Experience in a Labor/Management Partnership environment preferred.
- American Society for Healthcare Environmental services (ASHES) or International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) Certification preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and hazardous waste regulations, health facilities and their unique cleaning requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital infection control, sanitation protocols and cleaning methods preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Will work at both the Zion and San Diego Medical Centers