Acting independently, the Senior Technical Support Representative provides product support to customers via the telephone and/or internet. Using product knowledge, this role provides the highest level of service to resolve the customer's issue and restore the customer to fully functioning status, while strengthening the customer-JHA relationship.
This role can be worked from the San Diego, CA office or the Allen, TX office or worked remotely within the US.
This role participates in an after hours rotation for escalations. There will be a weekly rotation every 5 weeks. The on call rotation is 24/7 and lasts for 1 week.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a financial institution or technical support.
- Must have Episys experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge and contributes to company objectives. Works on highly complex and diverse projects. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Superior knowledge of the financial industry.
- Superior knowledge of product(s) supported and excellent knowledge of other core and complimentary products. Able to serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on product functionality.
- Able to use support tools to identify or recreate customer issues.
- Able to identify and resolve application and service issues.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service as set forth by corporate policies and standards.
- Demonstrates high-level communication and customer interaction skills in accordance with SLS policies and guidelines.
- Accurately assesses the customer's product issue or problem. Asks the user well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to the user's response to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving the problem.
- Researches customer problems/issues to increase personal knowledge and familiarity with the supported product and to provide the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades.
- Identifies and resolves application and service issues and any other questions that may arise.
- Provides appropriate personnel a precise understanding of user's issues when the problem needs to be escalated to a higher level.
- Monitors incoming cases and emails and resolves in accordance with Service Level Standard (SLS) guidelines. Uses available support tools to assist the customer and/or recreate the issue.
- Participates in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills.
- Primary contact within support team for daily questions and issues. May serve as first tier of response for escalated cases.
- May provide assistance in the areas of training (trend reporting, internal documentation, cross training, etc.), staff meetings and periodic written documentation for customers.
- May act as a team lead
- Works on special projects or research, as needed.
- May manage hardware capacity and performance and assess hardware needs.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.