Nortek Control has a great benefits package! In addition to health care benefits such as medical, dental and vision and 11 paid holidays, we also have a gym reimbursement program as well as an on-site gym. We offer the opportunity to further your education and / or obtain certifications related to your position through our tuition reimbursement program. We encourage innovation and as such you have the opportunity to patent ideas & receive monetary rewards. We have free water, coffee, tea and sodas available as well as fresh fruit. The environment is open which encourages collaboration with peers & welcomes interactions with our senior leadership team. We think it's pretty cool!
The Firmware Software Engineer will participate in the development of leading home access and automation products & be responsible for developing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug software
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the system
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Integration and validation of new product designs with other project team members
- Supports verification and validation test methodologies for product release
- Works closely with engineering managers, software quality assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design, debug and release
- Provide support for released products
- Understand, support and execute all work according to the established procedures of the organization
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 3 years experience; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of coding in C/C++
- Experience in embedded targets with preemptive, multitasking RTOS (FreeRTOS preferred)
- Development of Linux application code for embedded devices and systems
- Barebones programming of embedded MCUs
- Preferred experience with Nordic nRF52, Atmel Atmega / Attiny / Atxmega, NXP or TI CC32xx or equivalent MCUs
- Experience with Bluetooth/BLE and Wifi
- Experience in hands-on development and debugging on embedded targets using JTAG, GDB or similar debugging platforms
- Understanding and experience with Networking, especially with embedded environment. Must have experience bringing a product to market (commercialization)
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use hands to grip or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of utilizing a computer, printer, phone, and keyboard
- Manual dexterity suitable for use of utilizing a computer
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to work in an office setting
- Ability to walk and/or climb 5% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to sit at a computer for 90% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Light to moderate lifting
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be comfortable working in an office environment to include moderate noise levels
- The working area is primarily in an open office setting with reasonable lighting and controlled temperatures
Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. Any employee in this job may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks an employee may be expected to perform. The company reserves the right to change tasks as needed.