Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Closing Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail branch operations functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for assisting the Closer(s) in day-to-day operations related to closings.
- Receive all document requests and Closing packages and enter pertinent related data into the system.
- Review document packages; check edits, notify processor of any issues, and submit paperwork.
- Assign files to Closers.
- Compile files for Closers by printing and labeling documents.
- Create initial bank packages and hold them for safekeeping until corresponding Closing package arrives.
- Track Closing packages to ensure they are returned within 48 hours, follow up accordingly.
- Stack and scan Closing packages for Closers to review.
- Review Closing packages; verify MERS.
- Initiate verbal Verification of Employment (VOE) on borrowers.
- Complete bank packages and distribute them to Closers.
- Send completed and funded bank packages to Finance.
- Review applicable suspense and insuring issues and follows up accordingly.
- Notify Branch Operations Manager if issues are not resolved on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required along with a minimum of one year total experience in Mortgage lending related role(s) preferred.
- Some knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures, and regulations is helpful.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Direct supervision required, depending on experience
- Limited judgment required; generally follows pre-defined processes and guidelines, escalating more complex issues for advice and resolution
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.