*** This role is open to locations across the US. The locations are: (Austin, Arlington, Seattle, Dallas, New York & San Jose). ***
Security Products builds the solutions that keep Amazon systems and data secure on behalf of the Amazon customer. Our customers range from security engineers who need a comprehensive understanding of Amazon systems and their security state, to service teams who need solutions that make it easy to build and operate secure systems. We use the latest technology, including AWS, to solve security problems at Amazon scale. We employ automation and machine learning to reduce, or eliminate, manual effort to help our internal customers raise the security bar. We have bold goals to stay ahead of the curve on security and delight our customers with great products.
What you will do: You will work closely with your customers, partner teams, and core platform engineering teams to ensure the needs of your customers are clearly understood and effectively addressed. You will collaborate with the senior leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that achieve the right outcomes. Since our systems are foundational to the Amazon ecosystem, you will also have the opportunity to learn about various businesses across Amazon.
What we are looking for: Successful candidates for this position must have experience working with customers to understand their needs, decompose those needs into executable roadmaps, and drive execution to deliver the needed outcomes. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, able to dive deep into the technical designs, and ensure delivery in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to Think Big to develop a plan and invent mechanisms that scale to meet the broad and diverse needs of teams across Amazon. You will have a strong customer obsession, working to deeply understand the needs of your customers and relentlessly looking to improve their experience and make them more productive.
Why you want to be on the Security Products team: We are technology professionals, who are genuinely passionate about continuously improving the security of Amazon systems on behalf of the Amazon customer. We also take pride in reducing the effort required for service teams across Amazon to build and maintain their systems securely. We are on a mission, have fun working together, and have a culture of learning and career growth.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong architectural and system design skills in Java, C#, or other object oriented programming language.
- An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with data analytics, specifically generating information from data, identifying insights, and drawing data-driven conclusions.
- Experience with AWS products and services.
- Experience with information security and compliance systems.
- Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, complex architectures, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Familiarity with cloud management and distributed computing concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.