Organization: West Coast Distrib Ctr Chino Pay Range: $15.40
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties in connection with receiving storing issuing shipping etc. within a warehouse area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and unloads incoming merchandise deliveries. Opens, inspects, counts, marks, unpacks, segregates, and/or tags items. Verifies items against appropriate documentation to ensure correct items and quantities have been received; checks cost and retails prices; reports shortages, overages, damaged items, or any other discrepancy noted to the supervisor. May sign for merchandise received.
- Warehouses stock according to specified locations. Periodically checks labels or bins for location accuracy; corrects or notifies supervisor of problems. May be assigned specific area for the performance of this function.
- Pulls merchandise in accordance with established procedures for shipment, transfers or customer orders as directed by system or supervisor. Verifies information shown on respective documents against information on merchandise or labels.
- May provide assistance in the charge back area performing limited tasks in connection with receipt, storing, and shipping of over shipped and/or damaged merchandise. Assists in preparing charge backs and processing same following established procedures.
- Performs periodic inventories as required, and assists supervisor with inventory preparation.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties to maintain stock areas clean and orderly.
- Works under the supervision of a designated supervisor. Carries out assigned duties in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or instructions from supervisor. Work is reviewed in terms of efficiency of operations and adherence to procedures.
- May occasionally operate material handling equipment (MHE).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL EFFORT Performs work on a hard surface and in work areas that require you to walk stoop bend and stand for a long period of time. May lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs and sometimes over 50lbs with assistance. Uses push cart to transport merchandise. Climbs ladder to pull stock stock shelves and bins. Uses sharp instrument to break open boxes.
WORKING CONDITIONS Works indoor andor outdoors which may be cold drafty damp andor hot. Work is performed in close quarters in storage areas or bin aisles ramps or on platforms. There is danger of minor injuries such as cuts scraps andor bruises as well as from falling stock.
TRAINING REQUIREMENT Associate must receive Hazardous Material HazMat training within 90 days of hire per Department of Transportation regulations
GENERAL EXPERIENCE Twelve months experience performing warehousing related duties such as receiving storing issuing shipping etc. or similar work that provided the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of the position.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE One year of high school education may be substituted for 3 months of experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for 12 months of experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Performs work on a hard surface and in work areas that require you to walk stoop bend and stand for a long period of time. May lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs and sometimes over 50lbs with assistance. Uses push cart to transport merchandise. Climbs ladder to pull stock stock shelves and bins. Uses sharp instrument to break open boxes.
Schedule: Flexible (0 - 19.5 hours)
Unposting Date: Sep 23, 2021, 8:59:00 PM