- Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Illumina continues to grow! As such we are adding a Staff HR Generalist to the team with a focus on providing strategic generalist HR support through the company’s People Support & Care organization for assigned client groups. The individual in the role will serve as first-level advisor and coach to business management by helping address talent and performance management needs, supporting organizational development, remedying employee relations concerns, and recommending resolutions. Additionally, the Staff HR Generalist will assist with the roll out of HR initiatives and assist leaders during the implementation of HR plans and programs in partnership with Illumina’s HR Business Partner platform.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth understanding of client groups' business, including attendance to client staff meetings to coach management team and to provide HR perspective to business levels.
- Develop a thorough understanding of company needs and future direction in order to ensure business decisions take into account people implications.
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual and team performance to employees and management.
- Counsel management on leadership expectations, communication and talent and performance management.
- Acts as a change agent to the business by helping guide change and transformation – striving to lead toward best practice status.
- Assists in talent acquisition for assigned clients by helping management identify needs, prescreen candidates and participate in the selection process.
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning and into business unit restructuring.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
- Provide HR guidance to employees and managers regarding employee engagement, benefits, compensation, training, company policies, payroll, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on employee relations; investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues, including claims of harassment and/or discrimination.
- Act as an advocate for employees.
- Conduct skills training as needed and work with the Management teams to develop training, where needed.
- Support the application and development of HR policies & procedures.
- Identify and support continuous improvement activities for HR areas of focus.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions; programs and policies.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as necessary.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Preferred Educational Background:
BA in Business, ILR, or HR Management
PHR/SPHR or other HR Certificate Preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience providing HR generalist business support Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including federal and state employment laws .
- Must have highly developed skills in influencing, motivating, and directing employee groups and management.
- Must be extremely organized, self-motivated, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Must demonstrate the ability work independently and with a team in a dynamic environment.
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with personnel matters.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, project management skills as well as computer literacy in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.