Looking for a job outdoors?
Do you have an interest in Aquatics or Emergency Services?
Are you 16 or older?
Want to learn how to save lives around the water?
GET CERTIFIED AT THE Y!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
North County – Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA (Encinitas)| Mottino Family YMCA (Oceanside)
Coastal – Dan McKinney Family YMCA (La Jolla)
Mid City – Copley Price Family YMCA (City Heights)
East County – Cameron Family YMCA (Santee)
San Diego County – Rancho Family YMCA (Rancho Penasquitos)
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- Lifeguard Academy! – No Certifications? No problem.
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Be a First Responder
- Use your training to perform rescues in and around the pool
- Keep your skills fresh with Y Trainings and drills
- Abide by the YMCA of San Diego County Aquatics Policy and Program Standards
- Educate all participants on the Pool Area Rules
- Show how you are a positive role model
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 16 or older
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Must crossover to YMCA certification within 6 months
- Other Current Certifications:
- The Certifications above must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
- Must pass written and practical skills exam prior to duty
- Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations