Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Sales Trainer / Content Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail sales training function. The role is responsible, under intermittent to limited supervision, for providing on demand support to originators and sales team members related to systems, programs, policies, and compliance requirements. The Sales Trainer / Content Specialist will be primarily focused on creating and maintaining materials and content, including but not limited to job aids, knowledge articles, videos, Power Point presentations, and training curricula.
- Provide on-going training and support to Loan Officers, and Sales Support; respond to questions via phone and email, primarily via the sales training helpdesk email, and provide on-demand training via phone, live-assist, and other web-based tools.
- Host virtual training as needed basis to flush out and answer questions from the field.
- Participate in bi-annual collaborative sessions to update onboarding training curriculum.
- Review compliance audits to identify trends that may be related to deficient sales training, follow-up as necessary with the Regional Sales Trainer. Create training materials and adjust curriculum as needed.
- Stay abreast of changes related to field of expertise, which includes having a strong understanding of internal programs and products and working to spread that knowledge throughout the field.
- Regularly review and update all training materials including job aids, Power Point presentations, Guild Questions articles, Guild University Courses, on demand training videos, Zen Desk Macros, Accelerate materials, and New Hire Training materials for the Sales Function.
- Assist in building and managing the Sales Training SharePoint site.
- Monitor the Guild Edge Training path for completeness and accuracy
- Monitor the New Hire training agenda to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Assist with Virtual New Hire training as needed
- Assist in developing and monitoring metrics to monitor Sales Training activity and effectiveness.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses or equivalent preferred, along with:
- Two or more years experience in Mortgage processing or origination, using Guild-specific systems and policies; OR
- Five or more years experience in Mortgage processing or origination; OR
- Three or more years experience in training or public speaking-related roles.
- Familiarity with Guild’s systems, processes, policies, and procedures strongly preferred for internal candidates.
- Prior experience developing content for and conducting training sessions is preferred.
- Ability to be patient and train less experienced team members, respond to questions, and build capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Entry level or greater graphic design skills strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Limited to intermittent supervision required, depending on experience
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: ~10-30% (may vary based on geographic location of incumbent)
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.