The Operations Assistant manager (AM) serves as the primary leader for the operational areas of the Home Depot Design Center's including showroom, logistics, and installation operations. The Operation AM will manage a team of Supervisors and Associates at the HDDC's consolidation center and showroom facilities. This role is responsible for the general leadership of the associates, upholding operating standards, and maintaining the systems, tools, and processes that support the sales operational areas of the local Design Center buildings. Logistic operational areas include Back End, Customer Order Management, Receiving, Delivery, Install/Project Management and RTV processes. This job requires maintaining relationships with a network of service providers and oversight of projects. This can include ensuring projects are appropriately scoped and bids are reviewed for accuracy, including ensuring local codes and permits are in compliance, ensuring schedules stay on track, and evaluating service provider work to ensure company standards are met. The Operations AM must balance the responsibilities of formulating operational strategies and objectives, completing tasks, and making sure that direct reports are educated and execute on the processes, behaviors, and expectations for meeting customer needs. This position will set the strategy for planning, budgeting, and documenting the aspects of operations and will monitor metrics and meet with the other HDDC Leaders to suggest changes to ensure the business runs efficiently and successfully. The role will also be responsible for their direct reports and indirect reports regarding recruitment, selection, performance appraisal, professional development, and disciplinary actions.
- 25% - Customer Service and Sales - Partners to manages large scale projects as necessary. Coordinates service provider work scopes and scheduling for select jobs. Resolves customer complaints, follows up with customers, and works with service providers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- 25% - Project Management & Service Provider Compliance - Coordinates service provider work scopes and scheduling for select jobs. Works in the field, in and around various properties to ensure successful management of remodel jobs. Partners to manages large scale projects as necessary.
- 25% - Team Management and Training - Works with Supervisors in the showroom and consolidation center to ensure associates are executing operational tasks safely and efficiently. Works with team members including designers, techs, specialists, customer service agents to understand total remodel process to ensure successful execution of projects.
- 25% - Works with Supervisors in the showroom and consolidation center to ensure associates are executing operational tasks safely and efficiently - Assists with reviewing and selecting vendors to deliver innovative customer service features. Oversees the logistics process including receiving, storing, and preparing freight for installation or shipping. Works closely with the HDDC Leadership to ensure the overall successful administration and functioning of the operation. Helps set the team's success criteria, key drivers and metrics. Identifies overall training needs and solutions. Maintain and operate showroom and consolidation center equipment and manage daily financial operations.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This Position typically reports to HDDC Store Manager
- This Position has 5 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from financial documentation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
Minimum Leadership Experience:
- 2+ years of previous leadership experience
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- 5+ years of previous leadership experience
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Business Insights
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Organizational Savvy