The primary role of the Patent Agent will be to cultivate and enhance ResMed’s patent portfolio through the quality preparation and prosecution of patent applications. The Patent Agent will have responsibility in all stages of the patent process, including, idea capture, drafting, filing, and prosecuting applications to issue.
Let's talk about responsibilities:
- Capturing and/or compiling new ideas from various sources within the company to drive new patent filings.
- Developing illustration requirements and executing and/or acquiring patent illustrations as needed.
- Developing claim strategies
- Drafting patent applications in their entirety.
- Responding to PTO office actions and all other communications, including developing and presenting arguments and amendments as needed.
- Filing patent application, office actions, forms and any other necessary documents directly with the USPTO.
- Creating reports, charts, summaries, or other useful tools for facilitating communication and collaboration with various business partners within the company.
Let's talk about qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred; B.S. in other related fields will be considered depending on experience.
- Registration to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- 5+ years of experience as a patent practitioner in a law firm or corporate setting preferable.
- Have prepared at least 100+ patent applications with minimal supervision.
- Experience drafting electrical and/or software related patents strongly preferred.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!