Let's talk about the team and you:
Please note this is a remote opportunity and candidates can sit anywhere within the U.S.
The Associate Director, HEOR will be an integral member on the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team at ResMed that covers the full portfolio of our solutions (hardware, software and digital health). The HEOR team is responsible for strategy and evidence generation to meet value, access and payment policy needs. Team members also serve as a key collaborator on teams within the Medical Affairs organization focused on evidence generation and value demonstration.
While this role will be based in the US, you will collaborate closely on global evidence generation and find opportunities to leverage evidence across varied country payment processes and policies. In addition, the Associate Director will consult with US Market Access on investigator initiated research procedures, pilot programs in integrated delivery networks and other payer-initiatives. This role will work closely with other members of Medical Affairs, Advanced Analytics, Product Management, Marketing and Strategy and will also work on multiple cross functional teams across Sleep, Respiratory Care, SaaS, and Digital Health to bring the voice of the payer to internal stakeholders.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance on evidence required to optimize coding, coverage and reimbursement across different geographies. This includes clinical and economic evidence planning.
- Plan and implement research and analysis regarding policy and reimbursement implications for new technologies, including digital and software solutions in addition to medical devices and diagnostics.
- Analyze and interpret current medical practices and guidelines, competitive technologies, reimbursement policies and other market adoption factors and assess risks and opportunities in terms of pricing, reimbursement and contracting strategies and apply knowledge to drive solutions at launch and throughout lifecycle.
- Contribute to the evidence generation process for clinical, HEOR and economic studies across geographies and communication activities to advance global market access goals. Work closely within medical affairs to provide recommendations and rationale for evidence generation plans in terms of economic, patient-centric and real world effectiveness data.
- Support internal functions including market access, marketing, pricing, government affairs and others in developing the overarching strategy and data needs for market
- Deliver on research and publication plans on time and on budget.
- Participate in business events, conferences, trade shows and seminars.
- Coordinate with reimbursement, market access and government affairs to develop effective tools and strategic plans.
- Lead development of product value propositions through product lifecycle.
- Participate in multiple cross functional projects.
- Engage with advocacy organizations, policy makers, and political stakeholders as needed to support strategic Government Affairs initiatives.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in health economics and outcomes research with responsibility for strategy and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience working for a medical device manufacturer in healthcare economics/policy and working with payer coverage and payment policy, value messaging, CMS and other government agencies or regulatory bodies is desirable, including understanding multiple types of payer archetypes and fee schedules (DMEPOS, OPPS, etc).
- Understanding of ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding, as well as NCDs, LCDs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of payer policies coverage, and payment.
- Understanding of national legislative initiatives affecting reimbursement of medical device products across geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to shift payers from an “acquisition cost” focus to a value focus.
- Excellence in all forms of communication
- Travel as needed for the role, with approximately 25% (Domestic and International)
- All listed duties and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- Advanced clinical degree and/or PhD
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!