Responsible for developing and leading an analytical team that provides meaningful and insightful analysis of corporate/restaurant financial and operational performance, franchisee performance, short- and long-term business planning, annual budgeting and forecasting, financial planning systems and strategic and effective reporting to support business decision making and evaluation of new opportunities. This position will assess and analyze business opportunities, formulate a vision and quickly translate it into meaningful business results.
• Develops methodologies and approaches to analyze and report on key internal performance indicators (sales, profit, turnover, guest service, transactions, etc.) that support strategic initiatives and decision-making, including: identification of lagging and leading indicators, establish financial expectations and returns of new processes and tests; perform statistical and comparative analysis to identify correlations and performance outliers; and, present analysis results, forecasts, and solutions to senior management. Strives for an integrated approach between tactical execution and financial modeling by linking KPIs, business intelligence, operational reporting and business drivers to the budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Manages annual and periodic financial forecasting and budgeting process, including: communicates financial assumptions and processes that reflect current and forecasted financial and business trends; oversees consolidation and validation of all submissions; provides timely and accurate presentation and analysis material for senior management review. Assists analyst team with complex modeling by testing and analyzing various scenarios and assumptions, restaurant level financial analysis, proforma and cash flow projections, and variance explanations to budget and forecast. Leads preparation of all related board of director materials.
• Leads the long-term planning process, including modeling the financial impact of strategic initiatives on the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow projections of the enterprise; provides visibility to risk parameters through scenario modeling.
• Leads the analysis and review of franchise financial performance, including: development of financial analysis tools to identify potential performance issues, expansion feasibility, reinvestment impact on financial performance, restaurant buybacks, franchisee profitability in new restaurants and new markets, and refranchising financial packages and alternative structures.
• Oversees the design and development of complex financial computer models to accurately reflect and assess company performance with alternative assumptions and scenarios, including; modeling of sales and margins, capital investment, cash flow, balance sheet, share buyback, debt structure, P/E multiple, subsidiary acquisition and other variables. Identifies opportunities for improving analysis processes and procedures; provides input and expertise in the development of systems, procedures, and controls.
• Works with cross functional business and technical teams, Project Managers and external consultants such as financial and business intelligence systems implementation leads to define the right solution for the problem at hand; helps guide and lead financial data governance processes including hierarchy creation, definition and maintenance; coordinates and manages implementation of changes to Hyperion applications.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field; MBA/CPA preferred.
• 8-10 years of related, advanced financial planning & analysis experience, with an emphasis in developing complex financial models including experience in identifying, writing, and prioritizing business requirements. 3+ years in a leadership role within an FP&A environment, preferably in a multi-unit restaurant or retail concept. Medium to large-size company experience, preferably with a publicly-held company and exposure to preparation of materials for boards of directors.
Extensive use of general ledger and multi-dimensional database tools such as Oracle GL, Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications.
• Proven ability to negotiate and leverage key internal/external relationships to build consensus and drive profitable growth.
• Uniquely experienced in both financial management and strategy resulting in broad based business understanding and agility.
• Excellent and persuasive oral and written English communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
• Broad knowledge of financial concepts and techniques.