The Family & Learning Center is looking to fill a part-time Educational Coach/ Tutoring (with potential for full-time). Do you have experience tutoring, teaching, or mentoring students? Do you enjoy helping children develop new skills and reach their goals? If so, this is the position for you.
As an Educational Coach, you will provide one-on-one academic intervention and support for students with learning and/or attention challenges. Through a unique type of tutoring called Educational Coaching, you will help students gain the skills and learning strategies necessary to be successful in
school and life.
Why work at TFALC?
- help students develop life-long learning strategies and skills
- receive extensive paid training on cognitive processing, learning disabilities, specialized intervention programs, teaching techniques, learning strategies and more
- a fun and supportive work environment
- work in La Jolla, blocks from the beach- for your own office space at the learning center; students come to you competitive compensation
- paid holidays, PTO, and 401K for eligible full time employees
This is an excellent position for individuals passionate about education and the learning process, who are looking for an alternative to classroom teaching.
- BA/ BS Degree
- Experience working with children, including teaching, tutoring, mentoring, or athletic coaching
- Solid knowledge of high school level math and science, including algebra I and II, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calc, biology, physics, and chemistry
- Strong skills in writing and reading comprehension
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous work experience
- Desire to maintain a long-term professional position
*Please include a cover letter along with your resume
Job Type: Part-time: 20+ hours/ week
Hours: Must be available 3:00pm - 8:00pm Monday - Thursday and Saturdays 8am - 4pm